Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fun Times

I am in love with this child. She is the cutest child in Africa. She refuses to smile though. She doesn't speak English at all. I guess maybe she doesn't speak any language. Anyway, I love her and want to keep her. Oh, and I don't know her name. Maybe I should find that out. Also, I promise Idon't wear the same shirt every day. I noticed that I am wearing this shirt in a lot of pictures. I only wear it once a week.
Kristen with a girl we don't know (in the purple) and a girl from the ward, Comfort. (That may actually be Comfort's sister Dorcus. We always forget which is which.)

Here is a Google image of a typical Ghanaian woman carrying her child. We see this every single day numerous times.
Here is little William, a random boy who wasn't too shy to let us practice with him. The nice girl at the top ran away from me when I tried to put her on my back.

Kristen and William. He looks a little more secure on her. That is probably because she has had lots of practice at home carrying people on her back.
Yep, that's right. Kristen can carry me on her back. It's amazing what you can do with a bed sheet. I'd like to say that we are both truly amazing. Oh, and just so you know, after this, we were trying to undo ourselves and we fell into a camp chair and broke it.

7 comments:

  1. Poor camp chair! What did it ever do to deserve that!

    Cute kids! Cute girls holding the kids! And, Kristen, I am truly impressed by your carrying capacity =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's hilarious. and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never a dull moment with you two experimenting! Where do these people come up with names--Comfort and Dorcus??!!@

    ReplyDelete
  4. I expect a ride when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good times, good times. Enjoy yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it acceptable in Ghana to kidnap random children and carry them around?

    ReplyDelete