Friday, January 23, 2009

Our best friend Beezus

This is our best Ghanaian friend Beatrice Taylor. She is the volunteer receptionist at the Employment Center in Takoradi. She is great. We started calling her Beezus and explained Ramona and Beezus Quimby to her (see Beverly Cleary for details). I think she likes her new name. At first we just called her that behind her back, but then we decided to get it all out in the opening. She likes to call Kristen, Katia. I have no idea why. She is a hoot and we love her. She is the one that taught us to balance things on our heads. She can practically break dance and not drop things from her head. Also, she thinks that our hair is made of rubber.










7 comments:

  1. Beezus looks fun! Who are those other people?

    Kristen, I'm glad you have Amelia and Beezus over there to take care of you. I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet Beezus (Beatrice), someone who I now love incredibly for her kindness to you girls. What a great friend through the Kristen ordeal. Amelia, you are the best--thank you for being the mother, sister, friend and nurse to Kristen! I love you! Aunt Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen!! That picture a couple posts ago of the missionaries, I know Elder Rappleye. He actually lives right by Kasey and me. His dad used to be our stake president. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought your hair was made of rubber. Really it is not? Your blog is wonderful! It looks like you are haveing a wonderful time. So are we! We just love Trujillo, Peru. Sorry but we feel like the rest of you are missing out. But that is ok, you can see our pictures afterwards. :) My blog is jrellek.blogspot.com if you want an update. Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you both are having alot of fun, i love looking at all the pictures...especially one from a few post back of you balancing stuff on your heads. you girls cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete