Thursday, February 12, 2009

From Our Balcony



This is a post about the things we see everyday. This is the view from the balcony where we live.



This is a picture of a guy that is sometimes passed out drunk on our stairs. He scares us to death when the stairwell is dark. Last night I walked upstairs from the internet cafe by myself (very close) and the guy was on the stairs and I almost hit him with my bag even though he was entirely unconscious. I was mad at him for scaring me! Anyway, usually he isn't completely unconscious and says, "You are white, you are white. Canada." We have no idea why he says that. Usually people say "Where you from? Obama, Obama." It's really weird. Actually, everyone here loves Obama. They even have a song about him.






Here are some cute boys; they were having fun until they ran into the gross ditch!






4 comments:

  1. I LOVE all your pictures and captions! I'm so glad you are feeling better. That hospital looks scary, I agree. Wow. I love all the cute little kids. And I love those Ghanians for loving you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving us such a wonderful view of your life there. I can't believe the experiences you are having. We are so, so grateful you are well, Kristen. Bless you, Amelia for caring for her--even sleeping at that scary hospital with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics from the balcony--that's a nice picture of you, Amelia!

    Yeah, after seeing the latest round of pictures, I don't think this part of Ghana looks as much like Uruguay--it looks like Ghana! Though, I could see some 'Guayan kids running around in a wheelbarrow like that! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, bring me home one of those make-shift four wheelers!

    ReplyDelete