Monday, February 23, 2009

Kakum National Park

We went to Kakum National Park on Saturday. It was really beautiful and is famous for its long, swinging rope bridges. The walk begins after a thirty minute hike through a beautiful rain forest.Kristen with our friend David.



Our first glimpse of the bridge. There were seven total.

Each bridge was connected by a platform around a tree.





Our favorite Ghanaian friends. David and Prince.
The four of us as we finished our journey above the jungle.


5 comments:

  1. What great pictures!! Now that is what I think of when I think of Africa--jungles!! It is so great to see what adventures you guys are having each weekend! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Wow what fun! I am still jelous. I am happy for you guys having a great time! Kristen how are you feeling? and Amelia do you still have your email?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bridges look cool! They don't look very stable...I'm glad you were safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of indiana jones.... did you pretend, even for a split second, that you were him... I know I would have.

    ReplyDelete